Fighting For Fair Pay For Each Hour You Work
At Kessler Matura P.C. , we understand the value of hard work. If you are not being paid what you are owed, we can help you get what the law entitles you to. We are employment law lawyers located on Long Island and serve all of the New York City metro area and across the nation. We have the knowledge and experience to hold your employer to account.
Helping Employees Get the Pay They Have Earned
As employment law attorneys, we have focused much of our careers on the study and practice of New York employment law. The wage and hour disputes we handle for people typically fall into the areas of:
- Overtime Pay Disputes: You put in the time, but now they don’t want to pay you for it. We will fight to make sure you get every penny of your overtime pay.
- Minimum Wage Violations: Often, people in the restaurant and construction industries earn less than minimum wage. Workers who are paid in cash are the most vulnerable. However, the law entitles every worker to at least a minimum wage.
- Violations of New York’s “Spread of Hours” Law: Did you know that in New York, if you earn minimum wage or work in the hospitality industry, you have the rights to earn an extra hour’s pay? Talk with one of our lawyers to see if you qualify.
- Failure to Pay the Prevailing Wage: When construction contracts are awarded to a nonunion contractor, the law still requires employers to pay workers the prevailing wage. If your employer agreed to pay you a prevailing wage but categorized you as a lower paid worker, we can help.
- Class Action Lawsuits: When several employees of the same business find themselves facing discrimination, misclassification or unfair wage practices, it may be to their benefit to join together in a class action rather than file individual suits or complaints. At Kessler Matura P.C. , our attorneys have undertaken many class action lawsuits resulting in awards for our clients. When an employer breaks the law, we will hold them accountable.
- Unlawful Pay Deductions: Charging an employee fees because of customer complaints or returns is illegal. Wage deductions (like health insurance) must be made for the employee’s benefit.
Regardless of your wage issues, we can help you seek the fair treatment you are entitled to and the law requires. We will fight for your wages so you can pay your bills, feed your children and live your life.
Contact Us For A Free Consultation
If you believe your employer is not paying your full, fair wages, you need an experienced lawyer to fight for you. Contact us online or by phone at 888-831-8615 for a free consultation and aggressive legal representation.
Se habla español.