Garrett Kaske is an associate at Kessler Matura P.C.
Mr. Kaske represents employees as individuals and in class actions in all areas of employment law. Whether in state court, federal court, and an administrative agency, in matters arising from employer discrimination, harassment, wrongful termination, retaliation, and unpaid wages. He handles claims under Title VII, the Americans with Disabilities Act, the Age Discrimination in Employment Act, the Family Medical Leave Act, the New York State Human Rights Law, the New York City Human Rights Law, the National Labor Relations Act, the Fair Labor Standards Act, and the New York Labor Law.
Mr. Kaske received his law degree from the City University of New York School of Law, where he focused his studies on workers’ rights. As part of his education, he represented employees through the school’s Community Economic Development Clinic, competed in the Labor and Employment Law Section of American Bar Association’s annual trial advocacy competition, worked on wage-and-hour policy at the Progressive States Network, and worked on employment discrimination matters at the Community Service Society.
Mr. Kaske also volunteers his time to support workers’ rights organizations. For example, he raises money for Brandworkers – a non-profit organization that supports food-production workers organizing towards dignified jobs – and co-chairs the Labor & Employment Committee of the National Lawyers Guild’s New York City Chapter.
Outside of the office, Mr. Kaske enjoys spending time with family, dining near his home in Patchogue, and screaming at his beloved New York Rangers through the television.
- New York
- U.S. District Court Southern District of New York
- U.S. District Court Eastern District of New York
- City University of New York (CUNY) School of Law, Long Island City, New York
- Juris Doctor
- St. Joseph's College
- Honors: magna cum laude
- Major: History and Spanish
Honors and Awards
- Super Lawyers Rising Star: 2016-2018
- Alumni Award, Labor Coalition for Workers’ Rights and Economic Justice at CUNY School of Law
Professional Associations and Memberships
- Co-chair, National Lawyers Guild, New York City Chapter Labor & Employment Committee
- American Bar Association’s, Labor and Employment Law Section, Member
- National Employment Lawyers Association of New York (NELA/NY), Member
- Brandworkers’ Annual Awards Dinner Host Committee Member, 2015-2019
- American Bar Association Labor and Employment Law Section’s Law Student Trial Advocacy Competition, Juror/Evaluator, 2016-2017, 2019