Troy L. Kessler
Troy L. Kessler is a co-founder of Kessler Matura P.C.
Mr. Kessler has extensive experience representing employees who have been the victims of discrimination, harassment, wrongful termination, retaliation, overtime and minimum wage violations. He handles claims under Title VII, the Americans with Disabilities Act, the Age Discrimination in Employment Act, the Family Medical Leave Act, the New York State Human Rights Law, the New York City Human Rights Law, the Fair Labor Standards Act, the National Labor Relations Act, and the New York Labor Law.
Mr. Kessler received his law degree from the Loyola University School of Law – Chicago, and his bachelor’s degree from the University of Wisconsin. He a member of the National Employment Lawyers Association, National Employment Lawyers Association/New York, the American Bar Association - Labor & Employment Section, New York State Bar Association, the Federal Bar Association, and the Suffolk County Bar Association. Presently, Mr. Kessler serves as an executive board member for the Federal Bar Association’s Eastern District of New York Chapter, and as a member of the advisory board of the Center for Labor & Employment Law at the New York University School of Law.
Mr. Kessler is a frequent speaker at CLE events sponsored by the: American Bar Association; National Employment Lawyers Association; Federal Bar Association; New York University School of Law; and Practising Law Institute. His recent speaking engagements have covered a range of topics including trial practice, wage and hour litigation, class actions, and legal ethics.
Mr. Kessler is a mentor with the Nassau County Bar Association’s student mentoring program. As a mentor, he works with children at a local middle school, where he and other attorneys volunteer their time to provide children in need with positive adult role models.
Outside of the office, Mr. Kessler enjoys running, listening to music (everything from jazz to punk), going to concerts, watching soccer, cooking, and spending time with this family.
- New York
- U.S. District Court Southern District of New York
- U.S. District Court Eastern District of New York
- U.S. Court of Appeals 2nd Circuit
- Loyola University Chicago School of Law, Chicago, Illinois
- Juris Doctor
- University of Wisconsin
- Major: Political Science and History
- Contributor, American Bar Association’s FLSA Midwinter Report, which serves as the annual supplement to the Ellen C. Kearns et al. eds., Fair Labor Standards Act (2d. ed. 2010)
Honors and Awards
- Named to the NY SuperLawyers as one of the Top Attorneys in New York State
Professional Associations and Memberships
- National Employment Lawyers Association, Member
- National Employment Lawyers Association/New York, Member
- American Bar Association - Labor & Employment Section, Member
- Federal Bar Association’s Eastern District of New York Chapter, Executive Board Member
- Board of the Center for Labor & Employment Law at the New York University School of Law, Member
- Federal Bar Council, Member
- Suffolk County Bar Association, Member
- New York State Bar Association, Member
- Nassau County Bar Association, Mentor
TROY L. KESSLER
TROY L. KESSLER
KESSLER MATURA P.C.