Tana Forrester is an associate at Kessler Matura P.C.
Ms. Forrester advocates, litigates and negotiates settlements on behalf of employees in discrimination, harassment, hostile work environment, retaliation and unpaid wage claims. Ms. Forrester represents employees as individuals and in class actions in all areas of employment law.
Her discrimination practice includes advocating for employees in pregnancy discrimination, sexual harassment, race discrimination and disability discrimination claims. Ms. Forrester’s wage and hour work includes representing employees misclassified as exempt from overtime laws and those forced to work off-the-clock.
Ms. Forrester pursues claims under Title VII, Section 1981, the Americans with Disabilities Act, the Age Discrimination in Employment Act, the Family Medical Leave Act, the New York State Human Rights Law, the New York City Human Rights Law, the Fair Labor Standards Act, and the New York Labor Law.
Ms. Forrester received her law degree from the City University of New York School of Law, where she concentrated her studies on employees’ rights. As part of her clinical education at CUNY’s Workers’ Rights Project she represented employees as a student attorney in wage theft actions in federal court.
- New York
- U.S. District Court Southern District of New York
- U.S. District Court Eastern District of New York
- City University of New York (CUNY) School of Law, Long Island City, New York
- Juris Doctor
- Honors: Peggy Browning Fellow
- Honors: Revson Public Interest Fellow
- Honors: Workers’ Rights Project for Economic Justice: Board Member
- Northeastern University
- Honors: magna cum laude
- Honors: Honors Program
- Major: Political Science and Sociology
Honors and Awards
- Super Lawyers Rising Star: 2020
Professional Associations and Memberships
- National Lawyers Guild, New York City Chapter Labor & Employment Committee, Member
- American Bar Association’s, Labor and Employment Law Section, Member
- National Employment Lawyers Association of New York (NELA/NY), Member
KESSLER MATURA P.C.