Fair Pay for Every Hour You Work
At the law firm of Shulman Kessler LLP, we understand the value of hard work. If you are not being paid what you are due, we can help you get what you are entitled to by law. We are employment lawyers serving Long Island and the New York City metro area, and we have the knowledge and experience to hold your employer to account.
Do you need help with a wage and hour dispute? Contact us today to schedule a free consultation with one of our employment law attorneys.
Helping Employees Get the Pay They Have Earned
As employment law attorneys, we have focused much of our careers on the study and practice of New York employment law. The wage and hour disputes we handle for people in New York typically fall into the areas of:
- Overtime Disputes: You put in the time, but now they don't want to pay you for it. We will fight to make sure you get every penny of your overtime pay.
- Violations of New York's "Spread of Hours" Law: Did you know that in New York, if you are making minimum wage and work more than 10 hours in one day you are entitled to an extra hour's pay? Talk to one of our lawyers to see if you qualify.
- Minimum Wage Violations: Often, people in the restaurant and construction industries are paid less than minimum wage. Undocumented aliens and people who work for cash are the most vulnerable, but by law, every worker is entitled to minimum wage protections.
- Failure to Pay the Prevailing Wage: When construction contracts are awarded to a non-union contractor, the workers are often supposed to be protected by a requirement that all employees will be paid the prevailing wage. If your employer signed a prevailing wage agreement but categorized you as a lower-paid worker than you are, we can help.
- Class Action Lawsuits: Our lawyers can also represent one employee on behalf of an entire group that was victimized by an employer's unfair practices.
Regardless what type of wage issues you have, we can help you seek the fair treatment from your employer that you are entitled to by law. We will fight for your wages so you can pay your bills, feed your children, and live your life.
Contact Us for a Free Consultation With a Lawyer
If you believe your employer is not paying your full, fair wages, contact us online or by phone at (888) 831-8615 for a free consultation and aggressive legal representation.