Garrett Kaske is a litigation associate at Shulman Kessler LLP. Mr. Kaske represents employees as individuals and in class actions in all areas of employment law, including discrimination, harassment, wrongful termination, retaliation, and wage and hour.
Mr. Kaske received his law degree from the City University of New York School of Law and holds a Bachelor of Arts from St. Joseph's College, where he majored in History and Spanish. He is licensed to practice law in the states of New York and New Jersey, and is admitted to the United States District Courts for the Southern District of New York, Eastern District of New York, and District of New Jersey.
During law school, Mr. Kaske focused much of his studies on workers' rights. As part of his education, he represented employees through the school's Community Economic Development Clinic and competed in the Labor and Employment Law Section of American Bar Association's annual trial advocacy competition. He also worked on wage-and-hour policy at the Progressive States Network and on employment discrimination matters at the Community Service Society.
Mr. Kaske co-chairs the New York area Labor & Employment Committee of the National Lawyers Guild and is a member of the National Employment Lawyers Association of New York (NELA/NY).
Areas of Practice
- Workers' Rights
- Class Actions
- Employment Law
- Wrongful Termination
- Wage and Hour
- New York
- New Jersey
- U.S. District Court Southern District of New York
- U.S. District Court Eastern District of New York
- U.S. District Court District of New Jersey
- City University of New York (CUNY) School of Law, Long Island City, New York
- St. Joseph's College
- Major: History and Spanish
Professional Associations and Memberships
- American Bar Association's, Labor and Employment Law Section
- National Lawyers Guild, Co-chairs, New York Area Labor & Employment Committee
- National Employment Lawyers Association of New York (NELA/NY), Member